Indoor Air Quality Testing – Mold
Air sampling is considered the highest level of scientific confirmation as it not only confirms the presence of mold spores and types, it also indicates the quantified amount of mold spores in the air. This information can then be interpreted using the Mold Spore Level Guide to understand the potential impact to health as mold spores in the air can be inhaled into the lungs. Mold spores found to be elevated or in abundance may also help to indicate a living source or indoor reservoir exists. These simple tests can help eliminate suspicion and bring mold issues front and center, giving you the information required to make an informed decision on what are the next steps to take.
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC is a leader in Indoor Air Quality inspections, conducting over 300 tests yearly in the Capital District Area, including Saratoga Springs, Clifton Park, Albany, Troy, Schenectady, Schaghticoke and beyond. Be healed from your ailments by performing this simple inspection and identifying air contaminants that may be unsuspected. Knowledge is power! Indoor Air Quality tests are crucial in identifying hidden mold, toxic mold, mycotoxins and the dangerous Stachybotrys or “black mold”. Whatever your situation may be, you can be assured that Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC will provide you with the highest quality service using only the industry leading equipment, testing media, protocols and leading laboratories.
Serving all areas of Upstate New York, including Saratoga Springs, Malta, Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, Schenectady, Troy, Rensselaer County and upper Albany County. We will travel further for an additional fee.
What is an indoor air quality test for mold?
- An indoor air quality test for mold involves gathering air samples and the contaminants, specifically mold spores and other mold related material, in the air. These samples are conducted under a controlled process that is extremely accurate and reliable in providing information on air quality or the condition of air at the time of the test.
- Mold contamination in the air is not visible to the naked eye. Gathering air samples is the only way to get an indication of the current scope and severity of a mold problem or to confirm or deny if a mold problem exists.
- An air quality test can provide the types of mold, species, spore counts for each, whether toxic or non-toxic and other background and/or organic unsettled material in the air.
- Air sampling is different from an ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index) test. An ERMI test is only a theory thought to provide a historical analysis of a given area. ERMI tests are an uncontrolled method of sampling. Air testing in the only method acknowledged to provide a “now” and/or current analysis of a given area. Petri dishes and collection plates are similar to a ERMI test as they are uncontrolled, but do not provide a historical analysis. Controlled air quality testing is superiors to all mold testing methods.
Who should test for mold?
- Anyone who has discovered mold
- If you can smell strong musty or mildew odors
- If you suffer from headaches, dizziness, fatigue, tightness in chest, sore throat or irritation in respiratory pathways, trouble sleeping, skin reactions, nausea, allergies and blurry vision to name a few
- Those sensitive to mold
- Industrial buildings
- If you have ruled out all other possible contaminants and/or irritants
- If you have found mold in an attic or suspicious that mold exists
- If you have found mold in a basement or suspicious that mold exists
- If you have found mold anyplace else in your home or are suspicious that mold might exist
- Selling your home and a home inspection has discovered mold
- Feel ill due to mold or are worried that mold may be causing your symptoms
- High relative humidity and high moisture in your home
- Recently had a flood, plumbing leak or roof leak that has lead to mold growth
- Your doctor has asked you to get a mold test
Certified Indoor Air Quality Testing
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC is a National Association of Mold Remediators & Inspectors (NAMRI) Certified Professional Inspector and an International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants Certified Professional Inspector.
NAMRI Professional #415946
Need an Air Quality Test?
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC only uses testing devices which are in normal, accurate working condition and regularly serviced. Our equipment is digital, which means it is highly accurate. As results are only as good as the quality put into the equipment and research, we don’t waste your money on cheap samples with cheap equipment. High quality well maintained equipment is critical for accurate results.
The collection media is a Zefon Air-O-Cell cassette, calibrated at 15L/Min. All exterior samples are collected at 10 minute sampling time for a total volume sampled of 150L. All interior samples are collected at 5 minute sampling time for a total volume sampled of 75L. Sampling procedures are as per Zefon International Air-O-Cell cassette Laboratory and User Manual guidelines.
All samples are sent FedEx overnight to a certified and accredited laboratory for professional analysis. Results are delivered within 24 hours (1 business day) of receipt by lab.
Standard test analysis provides quantified amount of mold spores and types in the air, background debris, hyphal fragments (mold fruiting structures), pollen, and skin cells. Other contaminants (a.k.a “other particles”) that can be detected for additional fees includes: POLLEN; Mulberry (Morus), Oak (Quercus), Other indistinguishable pollen, Pine (Pinaceae), Ragweed (Ambrosieae), Sycamore (Platanus). OTHER PLANT; Algae, Diatoms, Fern, moss, etc. spores, Other indistinguishable plant (wood, trichomes, etc.), ANIMAL; Epithelial (skin) cells, Hair, Insect parts, Mites, NON-BIOLOGICAL; Cellulose fibers, Glass fiber, Starch particles, and Synthetic fibers.
Other Indoor Air Quality Testing Available
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC provides a full array of indoor air testing available in the industry. I also offer radon, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), Formaldehyde, metals, Environmental Protection Agency hazardous air pollutants (EPA HAPs), tobacco smoke, off gas contaminants (solids/semi-solids), full industrial/manufacturing High Sensitivity TDT Air Scan® Analysis, heavy metals and toxic organic compounds. Please visit my VOC and Formaldehyde page for more information.
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC is a certified Advanced Radon Measurement Technician, for more information on my radon testing, please visit my Radon Testing page.
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC also utilizes devices for monitoring air quality in real time. These devices use Mie Laser Scattering Technology, this technology is capable of analyzing particle concentration by detecting particles as they pass through a laser field.
These devices measure PM2.5 and PM10 size particles. Particles of this size are measured in micrometers, which is the size that many indoor pollutants fall under. “PM” refers to atmospheric particle matter and reads in two different micrometer sizes, mold spores typically falls under PM10. I can also provide real time readings for Formaldehyde (HCHO), Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC) and Air Quality Index (AQI). AQI is a number used by government agencies to communicate to the public how polluted the air currently is and total effect on health. Ask about utilizing this advanced laser technology at your inspection.
I provide theses services in Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa, Malta, Clifton Park, Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Rensselaer County areas and many more surrounding areas.
Why Hire Bald Eagle Inspection Services?
100s of 5 star reviews across Google, Thumbtack & Facebook
Over 20 years of experience
Numerous licenses and certifications
Locally owned small business
Broad range of knowledge and experience