Capital Region Home Inspection Services
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC provides detailed and easy to read reports helping you to understand all aspects of your home inspection. With more than two decades of experience in the residential and commercial construction industry, you can be sure that your inspection report will be of the highest quality.
Serving all areas of Upstate New York, including Saratoga Springs, Malta, Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, Schenectady, Troy, Rensselaer County and upper Albany County. We will travel further for an additional fee.
Quality, complete and affordable home inspections is my number one priority.
What is a Home Inspection?
- Per New York State Department of Labor – A Home Inspection is defined as the process by which a home inspector observes and provides a written report of the systems and components of a residential building including but not limited to:
- Heating System
- Cooling System
- Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Structural Components – foundation, roof masonry structure, exterior and interior components or any other related residential building component recommended by the Home Inspection Council and implemented by the Department of State through the regulatory process.
Who should get a Home Inspection?
- Anyone purchasing a home on the open real-estate market
- If you are purchasing a newly constructed home
- Planning to list your home for sale
- If you are required per bank or financing requirements
- If you are moving into a rental apartment or a rented home you should consider performing a home inspection
Certified Home Inspector
Need a Home Inspection?
General (Structural) Home Inspections
All General Inspections include:
- ROOF & VENTILATION:
- Full exterior inspection of roof, chimneys, vents, skylights and attic ventilation.
- EXTERIOR WALLS:
- Full exterior inspection of exterior walls, windows and doors, electrical meters, gas meters and their respective penetrations and distribution infrastructure, including testing of exterior receptacles.
- EXTERIOR GROUNDS:
- Full inspection of the exterior property immediately surrounding the structure inclusive of foundation walls inclusive of water damage, cracks and movement, grading, patios and decks, railings and handrails, A/C compressors, well heads, driveways, sidewalks, fences, gates and landscaping.
- All garage types are inspected for safety elements including garage doors, garage door openers, man doors, proper electrical protections such as GFCI’s, framing of walls and ascetics of finishes including but not limited to floors, ceilings and walls within the area.
- Full attic inspection for evidence of roof leaks, proper ventilation, proper insulation, mold growth and roof framing. Any existing attic electrical and duct systems are inspected if present.
- MASTER, FULL and HALF BATHROOMS:
- All bathrooms are inspected for leaks, proper electrical protections such as GFCI’s, flow of tubs, showers, sinks and toilets, proper ventilation, necessary caulking, and ascetics of finishes including but not limited to floors, ceilings and walls within the area.
- Laundry area includes operation of existing appliances, proper connections, drain lines, exhaust ducts and ascetics of finishes including but not limited to floors, ceilings and walls within the area.
- Kitchens are inspected for proper operation of all existing appliances, cabinetry and counter top condition, proper electrical protections such as GFCI’s, flow of sinks and operation of garbage disposals, proper ventilation, necessary caulking, and ascetics of finishes including but not limited to floors, ceilings and walls within the area.
- All fireplaces include a level 1 inspection of firebox interior, damper operation and interior chimney condition.
- GENERAL INTERIOR:
- Full interior inspection for proper operation of doors, windows, skylights, receptacle safety, proper installation of smoke detectors and CO detectors, stairs, handrails and ascetics of finishes including but not limited to floors, ceilings and walls within the general interior.
- ELECTRICAL PANEL:
- The electrical panel cover is removed and the panel is inspected for proper electrical practices, service conductor materials, branch wiring materials, presence of double tapped breakers, unsafe breakers, proper grounding and service size.
- DOMESTIC WATER HEATER:
- All water heaters are inspected for proper operation, energy source, capacity, and presence of safety features.
- PLUMBING SYSTEMS:
- The plumbing system type is identified and inspected for proper operation including pipe, distribution and infrastructure type, location of shutoffs and service entry, drops in pressure, presence of vent pipe, waste traps, cleanouts and proper well operation.
- HEATING SYSTEM:
- The heating system is inspected for presence of safety elements, proper operation, distribution systems including vents, returns, supplies and ducts, presence of oil tanks, fuel type, proper exhaust and combustion air.
- AIR CONDITIONER:
- The air conditioning type and energy source is identified and all elements are inspected.
- Full inspection of the basement area including ventilation, foundation walls inclusive of water damage, cracks and movement, leaks, electrical, HVAC and plumbing distribution and infrastructure, structural components, drainage, framing, insulation, chimneys, dampness and ascetics of finishes including but not limited to floors, ceilings and walls within the area.
- All interior safety conditions and elements are inspected, identified and reported when adverse conditions exist including identification of mold-like substances where visible.
- Mold inspection is included free with every inspection where visually identifiable.
Bald Eagle Inspection Services follows all New York State Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
Home Inspection Service Process
My home inspection process typically involves 2-3 hours of onsite analysis and 3-4 hours of report writing. Reports feature several components, a highly detailed checklist report, highlights of feature areas and written explanations of defects observed. This is a unique format that will provide you important information about the property and also list defective areas needing attention including bringing very important “Substantial Defects” aka “Major Defects” (substantial defects are considered any repair exceeding $1,500 in cost) to the top for immediate review. Complicated defects are written in detail explaining, what, how, why and any recommendations that can be offered. Defects will be accompanied by a photograph to help you understand the magnitude of what it is I’m talking about. All of my reports include 100+ photographs with detailed illustrations highlighting and pointing to important information. All reports are typically delivered the same day of inspection, but no later than 24 hours, guaranteed!
Maybe you found yourself here because you are about to make the biggest purchase of your life? A new home can be a challenging and intimidating endeavor and without the right people on your side, you could be left with apprehension and confusion. Allow me to take all of the fear and worry out of your home inspection process. Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC provides the most thorough and highest rated home inspection service in the area, bottom line. No where else on the web will you find a larger compiled list of positive reviews from satisfied clients. Regardless of how other companies market their services, there is no better indication of quality and commitment than a long list of satisfied clients. I have always believed, success is measured by the amount of happy customers. I would like the opportunity to make you another one of them.
Why Hire Bald Eagle Inspection Services?
100s of 5 star reviews across Google, Thumbtack & Facebook
Over 20 years of experience
Numerous licenses and certifications
Locally owned small business
Broad range of knowledge and experience
How do our reports compare?
Dual written reports with high detail checklists and fully written conditions for all observed defects
Well written with proper grammar and correct punctuation
Over one hundred photographs that are narrated and highlighted to display observations the way we are seeing them
Detailed diagrams and illustrations to explain defects
Reports are designed to be as thorough as possible, but also clear, concise and balanced
Links to supporting websites adding additional level of detail and back-up to defects for further discussions with agents and sellers
Included photos of appliances, hot water tank, heating and cooling systems in operation
Our reports are thorough and detailed, designed to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision
Visit our sample reports below