VOC and Formaldehyde Testing
Exposure to VOCs and Formaldehyde can be hazardous and can lead to serious health effects such as respiratory irritation, difficulty thinking, organ damage and cancer. Small children and pets with developing lungs are especially susceptible. Some chemical chains are much more dangerous than others, that’s why its important to identify their presence. Levels in homes can exceed exterior levels by up to 5 times, especially in new construction or homes that have been newly remodeled. We can help to identify this risk and reduce exposure.
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC is a leader in Indoor Air Quality inspections, conducting over 300 tests yearly in the Capital District Area, including Saratoga Springs, Clifton Park, Albany, Troy, Schenectady, Schaghticoke and beyond.
We use the highest quality equipment and media to collect samples and deliver them to the lab quickly. Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC only uses testing devices which are in normal, accurate working condition and regularly serviced. Our equipment is digital, which means it is highly accurate. As results are only as good as the quality put into the equipment and research, we don’t waste your money on cheap samples with cheap equipment. High quality well maintained equipment is critical for accurate results.
The collection media is glass tube filter. Samples are collected between 20min and 4 hour periods depending on the test type.
All samples are sent FedEx ground (additional shipping speeds available) to a certified and accredited laboratory for professional analysis. Results are delivered within 48 hours (2 business days) of receipt by lab.
Our testing is guaranteed accurate and sensitive and can detect a long list of chemical compounds. For more information on VOC please visit the EPS’s website.
Serving all areas of Upstate New York, including Saratoga Springs, Malta, Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, Schenectady, Troy, Rensselaer County and upper Albany County. We will travel further for an additional fee.
What is VOC and Formaldehyde?
- VOC stands for volatile organic compounds. VOCs are gases that are emitted from solids and/or liquid chemical compounds. VOCs can include a wide range of chemicals. Each type of chemical compound (aka chemical chain) can have different health impacts ranging from short-term to long-term. There are thousands of types arranged into many different chemical categories.
- Formaldehyde is a naturally occurring organic compound. Formaldehyde is used in a variety of industrially manufactured materials. In abundance formaldehyde can have negative health impacts similar to VOC exposure. We typically test for Formaldehyde along with VOCs.
Who should test for VOC and Formaldehyde?
- New construction, renovations or additions
- If you can smell strong chemical odors
- If you suffer from headaches, dizziness, fatigue, tightness in chest, sore throat or irritation in respiratory pathways, trouble sleeping, skin reactions, nausea and blurry vision to name a few
- Those sensitive to chemicals and chemical odors
- Industrial buildings
- Suspicious of chemical exposure
- If you have ruled out all other indoor air contaminates such as mold
Certified VOC and Formaldehyde Testing
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC is a National Association of Mold Remediators & Inspectors (NAMRI) Certified Professional Inspector and an International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants Certified Professional Inspector.
NAMRI Professional #415946
Need a VOC & Formaldehyde Test?
Other Indoor Air Quality Testing Available
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC provides a full array of indoor air testing available in the industry. I also offer radon, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), Formaldehyde, metals, Environmental Protection Agency hazardous air pollutants (EPA HAPs), tobacco smoke, off gas contaminants (solids/semi-solids), full industrial/manufacturing High Sensitivity TDT Air Scan® Analysis, heavy metals and toxic organic compounds.
I offer custom tailored packages for Homes/Residential, Commercial/Office/Retail, Industrial/Manufacturing, Green Building/LEED® Certification, Schools, Hospital/Clinics and Additional Indoor Air Investigation Analyses. For a full list of air quality testing, click here!
Bald Eagle Inspection Services, LLC provides theses services in Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa, Malta, Clifton Park, Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Rensselaer County areas and many more surrounding areas. Please call for a free quote.
Why Hire Bald Eagle Inspection Services?
100s of 5 star reviews across Google, Thumbtack & Facebook
Over 20 years of experience
Numerous licenses and certifications
Locally owned small business
Broad range of knowledge and experience