What type of inspector do I need when buying a house?

We all know that buying a home is an exciting time.  Unfortunately, there is always the chance that things do not always go as planned where you might have complications or deal with challenges through the process.  The goal is always to address challenges head-on and work to be as efficient with your time and energy, ensuring you are making good decisions that you will be comfortable with, long after the contract is signed and you are moved into your new home.

The last thing you want is to buy a home and then find out about undiscovered problem areas that will have you spending significantly more than your budget allows for.  

This is why it’s very important for you to hire a professional, local Albany home inspector for the job at hand. The issue is to ensure you hire the appropriate inspector with the necessary certifications and skill sets.  There are many different types of inspectors and we are going to invest time to share with you those you can consider, depending on what you might need addressed.

General Home Inspector

The general home inspector is the most common and really the most important out of them all. His, or her, work is to conduct a thorough inspection of the home and reveal and problem areas that needed to be fixed BEFORE closing on the contract. He’s the one to tell the home buyer if the home requires other types of inspections.  The is NOT an expense but rather a true investment.  His efforts and subsequent findings will likely save you from buying the wrong house, or, help you negotiate a better price based on what is found.  A true investment that will give you peace of mind in the long run.

Radon Gas Inspector

This test requires a specialized certificate and therefore not all inspectors are in a position to offer this service.  You might need to outsource this to a specialist if you are recommended by your home inspector to use one.  Radon gas is formed from the natural decomposition of uranium and it can be found in closed areas like basements. Since radon gas is only present in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, this test is only required in this three states and necessary for other parts of the United States.  Seeing our location, you will want to see if your home inspector can offer this service or if you need to find a specialist.

Termite inspector

Like the Radon gas inspector, the termite inspection also requires specialized personnel and necessary certifications.  Again, if your home inspector finds presence of rodents or termite damage, he might be able to offer a recommendation to someone he trusts that can lend a helping hand. 

Other types of inspectors includes

  • Well Water

  • Septic tank

  • Buried oil tanks inspectors

At the end of the day, it is important to hire a home inspector that is both affordable but capable to provide tremendous value in doing a thorough inspection and delivering an accurate, easily-readable report that you can make your decisions with.  

If you need an inspector that offers mold assessment services, which is prevalent in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Clifton Park and up the Northway, please consider contacting Bald Eagle Inspection Services.  If you have any questions, please let us know!

Leave a Comment

Call Now Button